If you haven't heard about grazing tables yet, you probably haven't been using social media very much! They are everywhere!
And why the hell not who doesn't love a good cheese, dip and fruit platter!
One of the best parts about a grazing table is there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Grazing tables are a perfect addition to most events, we have catered grazing tables for birthday parties, corporate events, engagement parties and weddings and even Christmas parties!
Here are some tips for creating the perfect grazing table for your next party:
1. The cheese: you want to buy 3 or 4 different types we suggest a good cheddar, blue cheese, Gouda, brie and some flavored cream cheeses.
2. Sliced Meats: this one is very important, assorted sliced meats are a must - we like using Spanish Chorizo, prosciutto, salami, Jamon, pastrami and a really nice ham.
3. Olives: Lets face it olives need there own sections, try grabbing some from the deli section of the supermarket they often offer olives marinated or stuffed these always go down a treat!
4. Dips and Paste: These can add some great flavours to your grazing table, We love having hummus & tzatziki as they add a nice freshness and also french onion is always popular. We also like to put out some quince paste which gives a yummy sweetness to pair with the saltiness of the cheese. Another great addition is pate most people love pate and it is great with some crackers.
5. Dried Fruit and Nuts: The same reason as adding dips and pastes its a great addition to any antipasto platter. We use almonds, pecans, walnuts, dried figs and dried apricots. We also always add fresh fruit to our grazing tables, strawberries, grapes, cherries, kiwis are so good this time of year and give your table some beautiful colours.
6. Crackers or bread: A must, you need some kind of crackers or bread. We love using either Turkish bread or sour dough, water crackers, rice crackers, bread sticks and if you look at your local farmers market you can usually find some delicious artisan crackers which are delicious!
7. Added extras: We also add some fresh ingredients like carrot sticks, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes.
8. Decorating the table: Now the key to decorating is not planning too much and use lots of different platters bowls, cake stands, boxes, jars, ect and add some flowers or we like to use rosemary from the garden which always looks beautiful!
Let us know how you get on if you give this a go!
Sharing our food adventures!